PUPPY HEALTH CARE IN FIRST FEW MONTHS OF AGE
We recommend following program for deworming and vaccinations that we use for our dogs. This is one of many possible programs for treatment of dog in it's first year of life. Consult your veterinarian for program you'll use.
This program can be modified.
In Croatia dogs should be vaccinated once a year for rabies and it's also recommendation to repeat vaccine for other diseases yearly. Dogs should be dewormed at least once in
6 months period, specially few days before vaccination.
In their first few months of age we use herbal (natural) products for treating puppies against external parasites
. After that we combine Advantix
products when needed.
IMPORT OR EXPORT OF PUPPIES
Exporting puppies from Croatia to most of the countries is possible before puppies are 3 months old. Following will be asked to cross a border with a puppy depending of puppy age:
- pet passport issued by certified veterinarian filled in correctly (part I, II, III and IV in the passport)
- microchipped puppy with corresponding number of microchip in passport (part III in the passport)
- first vaccination (depending of puppy age - one or two) (part IX in the passport)
- proof that puppy was dewormed (part VII in the passport)
- legislation by certified veterinarian that animal is in good health and able to withstand carriage to its destination (part X and XI in the passport)
Some countries don't allow import from Croatia before puppies are treated for rabies. 21 days should pass after rabies vaccine before puppy is allowed to cross a border.
Other countries set special conditions for import. For example: titer for rabies' antibodies or quarantine. You should check your country import rules before getting a puppy.
When puppies open their eyes and teeth start to grow we start with complement feeding of the puppies.
In first month of their life whelping of the puppies is intensive. In next month mother slowly reduces feeding of her puppies.
Following that natural pattern we increase feeding of the puppies.
In our kennel we feed puppies (and grown up dogs) with:
- Monge superpremium diet food according to age and needs of each dog/puppy
- puppies get their Monge served softened in Brit care puppy milk
- some of the meals are B.A.R.F. - beef meat (mostly tripes (paunch, rumen))
- in contact with people puppies and dogs get various treats, mostly Brit care Let's bite or similar products
- occasionally puppies/dogs get eggs, olive oil, salmon oil, yoghurt or other natural products
When leaving to new homes puppies get samples of products above in dose for first few days in new homes.